Advancing Learning and Teaching (ALT) Semester 2, 2021
Advancing Learning and Teaching (ALT) is for academics, course convenors and program leaders looking to holistically invigorate and improve the teaching and learning experience in their course(s) through course design and the use of diverse research-led approaches to enhance teaching, student engagement and assessment.
Extending on our Exploring Learning and Teaching (ELT) Staff Education program, ALT provides extended opportunity for peer-led discussion and showcasing of course and assessment examples, skill development, critical analysis and follow-up action research with a view to advancing learning and teaching at ANU.
On completion, participants will be encouraged to review and re-design their own course(s) in light of the ANU context and teaching priorities, curriculum and student learning needs and academic expectations supporting a positive student experience. More information about the ALT modules and weekly partnered workshops is below.
Who can participate?
ALT participants are usually:
- Educators and academics with teaching experience of 2 years or more, or who have responsibility for designing or convening courses and programs at ANU;
- Professional staff with faculty-centred support roles and professional input into the student learning experience and/or prospective courses;
- Experienced educators looking to invigorate and/or re-design courses and improve their teaching practice; and
- Educators proactively benchmarking and seeking improvement in course delivery and the student experience
- Synchronous modules (M1 to M6) will run every Thursday with partnered complementary workshops each week on Tuesdays.
- Starting date: Thursday 7 Oct 2021
- Time: 9:30am – 12:00pm
- Venue: ALT will be delivered remotely via Zoom. Zoom details will be sent to you after registration.
Note for F2F delivery:
- Due to changing circumstances, we may need to switch to online delivery with minimal notice. We will inform you as soon as possible if this happens.
- We require a minimum number of registrations for this session. If the number is not reached, we may cancel or reschedule and all participants will be notified.
ALT comprises six core modules, and six complementary workshops which are partnered with each ALT module. Complementary workshops are delivered by ANU academics and experts and provide further understanding and local examples which will help you enhance your knowledge and skills as an educator.