Exploring Learning and Teaching 2022
ELT offers a hands-on experience that introduces you to important aspects of learning and teaching in the higher education context. This program is ideal for anyone who is new to teaching or looking to consolidate their teaching practice. In addition to knowing logistics like ANU policies, services and structures, you will need to cultivate a sense of who you are as an educator. How will you prepare to teach? How will you make the learning experience engaging, purposeful and inclusive? Which education technologies will you use and why? What evidence informs your teaching and what resources will you rely upon? In ELT, we will address these questions and much more. This program will equip you with the skills to be an effective and reflective educator.
Who can participate?
ELT participants are usually:
- People thinking about teaching at ANU;
- Educators and academics who are still relatively new to teaching at ANU;
- Experienced educators looking to consolidate their teaching practice; and
- Professional staff with learner-centred support roles.
2022 ELT Schedule:
- Semester 1 O-Week Intensive: 9:30am-12:00pm, from 14 to 18 February (Online)
- Semester 1 Weekly: Tuesdays 9:30am-12:00pm, from 1 March for 5 weeks (Face-to-face)
- Semester 2 O-Week Intensive: 9:30am-12:00pm, from 18 to 22 July (Online)
- Semester 2 Weekly: Wednesdays 9:30am-12:00pm, from 3 August for 5 weeks (Face-to-face)
- Semester 2 Summer Break Intensive: 9:30am-12:00pm, from 5 to 9 Dec (Face-to-face)