Exploring Learning and Teaching (ELT) Semester 2, 2021
ELT offers a hands-on experience that introduces you to important aspects of learning and teaching in the higher education context. This program is ideal for anyone who is new to teaching or looking to consolidate their teaching practice.
In addition to knowing logistics like ANU policies, services and structures, you will need to cultivate a sense of who you are as an educator. How will you prepare to teach? How will you make the learning experience engaging, purposeful and inclusive? Which education technologies will you use and why? What evidence informs your teaching and what resources will you rely upon? In ELT, we will address these questions and much more.
This program will equip you with the skills to be an effective and reflective educator.
To successfully complete the program, participants must attend and actively engage in all synchronous modules, as well as completing the asynchronous modules. In addition, participants must complete take-home tasks to be submitted through Wattle. Program modules may be attempted in any order, but must be completed within a 2-year period.
- Module 1 Setting the Scene (asynchronous)
- Module 2 Approaches to Learning and Teaching (synchronous): Wed 4 Aug 2021, 9:30am – 12:00pm
- Module 3 Facilitating Students’ Learning (synchronous): Wed 11 Aug 2021, 9:30am – 12:00pm
- Module 4 Feedback and Marking for Learning (synchronous): Wed 18 Aug 2021, 9:30am – 12:00pm
- Module 5 Planning for your Teaching Practice (synchronous): Wed 25 Aug 2021, 9:30am – 12:00pm
- Module 6 Inclusive Teaching Practice (synchronous): Wed 1 Sep 2021, 9:30am – 12:00pm
- Module 7 Learning from your Teaching Practice (asynchronous)
Who is it for?
ELT participants are usually:
- People thinking about teaching at ANU;
- Educators and academics who are still relatively new to teaching at ANU;
- Experienced educators looking to consolidate their teaching practice; and
- Professional staff with learner-centred support roles.
Please note that, due to changing circumstances, we may need to switch to online delivery with minimal notice. We will inform you as soon as possible if this happens.